Obama’s ‘four more years’ post most popular tweet
Washington: US President Barack Obama’s tweet proclaiming ‘four more years’ has become the most popular post on the micro blogging platform ever.
“This happened because of you. Thank you,” he tweeted to his 22 million followers.
“Four more years,” he added straight afterwards, posting a photo of himself hugging First Lady Michelle Obama.
According to the Telegraph, the post, as of 8.20am local time, had 507,745 retweets and had been favourited 173,028 times.
This made it the most popular tweet ever, topping a message from singer Justin Bieber.
The same picture of a happy, serene-looking Obama hugging his wife appeared on the president`s Facebook account - and was shared tens of thousands of times by some of his 32 million fans, the report said.
According to Twitter, the election has become the most tweeted about event in US political history, with some 31 million poll-related posts fired out throughout day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'