Obama’s ‘four more years’ post most popular tweet
Washington: US President Barack Obama’s tweet proclaiming ‘four more years’ has become the most popular post on the micro blogging platform ever.
“This happened because of you. Thank you,” he tweeted to his 22 million followers.
“Four more years,” he added straight afterwards, posting a photo of himself hugging First Lady Michelle Obama.
According to the Telegraph, the post, as of 8.20am local time, had 507,745 retweets and had been favourited 173,028 times.
This made it the most popular tweet ever, topping a message from singer Justin Bieber.
The same picture of a happy, serene-looking Obama hugging his wife appeared on the president`s Facebook account - and was shared tens of thousands of times by some of his 32 million fans, the report said.
According to Twitter, the election has become the most tweeted about event in US political history, with some 31 million poll-related posts fired out throughout day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail