Offer sops to industry to encourage investment: FICCI
New Delhi: Business chamber FICCI on Wednesday said high level of investment as projected by Prime Minister`s Economic Advisory Council is critical for economic growth, but the government must offers sops to industry to encourage investment.
"...to sustain such a level of investment the government must come out with some incentives to leave more funds in the hands of corporates for investments," FICCI said in a statement.
PMEAC has projected investment rate of 36.5 percent in 2009-10.
FICCI added the PMEAC has projected a "comfortable growth rate" of 6.25-6.75 percent for the economy for the current fiscal.
On monsoon deficiency and possible shortfall in crop production as noted by the Council, FICCI said: "In view of this we once again reiterate supply side intervention because
the Council has drawn attention towards high food prices prevailing in the country and has also underlined the need for correction," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!