Officials exhorted to exercise their power
Patna: Government officials were exhorted to
exercise their powers without caring for personalities or
posts by former adviser to the Election Commission K J Rao
``Do not think who is in power and who is not in
power ... You can bring changes by just following the rules
strictly,`` Rao said here addressing a meeting convened by
Bihar State Election Authority for primary agriculture
cooperative societies (PACS) election.
He praised the Bihar government for bringing a
legislation for the first time in the country for conducting
the PACS election.
The meeting of observers, district magistrates and other
officials was also addressed by BSEA adviser Raghuvansh Kumar
Sinha said over 86 lakh voters would exercise their
franchise for PACS election and 65,300 polling officers and
staffs and 94,000 security personnel would be deployed at
15,000 polling stations for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred