Officials exhorted to exercise their power
Patna: Government officials were exhorted to
exercise their powers without caring for personalities or
posts by former adviser to the Election Commission K J Rao
``Do not think who is in power and who is not in
power ... You can bring changes by just following the rules
strictly,`` Rao said here addressing a meeting convened by
Bihar State Election Authority for primary agriculture
cooperative societies (PACS) election.
He praised the Bihar government for bringing a
legislation for the first time in the country for conducting
the PACS election.
The meeting of observers, district magistrates and other
officials was also addressed by BSEA adviser Raghuvansh Kumar
Sinha said over 86 lakh voters would exercise their
franchise for PACS election and 65,300 polling officers and
staffs and 94,000 security personnel would be deployed at
15,000 polling stations for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre