Oil Min invites comments on proposal to hike natural gas price
New Delhi: Oil Ministry has sought comments
from concerned ministries on its proposal to hike the price of
natural gas produced by ONGC and Oil India by 30 per cent.
"Inter-ministerial consultations are on," Oil Secretary R
S Pandey told reporters here.
The Ministry has circulated a Cabinet note for raising
price of gas under administered pricing mechanism (APM) from
Rs 3,200 per thousand cubic meters (USD 1.79 per mmBtu) to Rs
4,142 per thousand cubic meters (USD 2.32 per mmBtu).
Price of APM, or the gas produced from fields given to
ONGC and OIL on nomination basis, is proposed to be raised in
stages to Rs 7,500 per thousand cubic meters or USD 4.2 per
million British thermal unit by 2013.
The proposal would be put to the Cabinet after comments
from ministries like Finance, Power and Fertiliser are
obtained, he said.
"I cannot give a timeframe ... consultations are on," he
Sources said the note based on the recommendation of the
Tariff Commission, proposes that ONGC be paid Rs 3,875 per
thousand cubic meters for the gas it produces while Rs 4,315
would be paid to OIL. Consumer price would be 10 per cent
higher than this.
The differential between the producer and consumer price
would be invested by the companies in new technologies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says