Okoro notches match-winner for JCT against AI
Mumbai: Emmanuel Okoro fired home in the 66th minute to guide JCT Mills, Phagwara to a 1-0 victory over local team Air India in the 23rd round of the I-League at the Cooperage football ground.
Taking possession of a long ball, the Nigerian striker hoodwinked two defenders and slotted the ball home with his left foot to the right of AI custodian Arnab Das Sharma to notch up his fourth goal in nine matches, and third in as many ties, in the league.
The lone-goal victory also enabled the Punjab team move to within one point of four other teams and maintain the seventh position in the table.
With 32 points in their kitty, JCT are one shy of Mohun Bagan, Churchill Brothers, Pune FC and Chirag United.
It was the visitors` third victory on the trot after coming into the game with wins over Chirag United and Viva Kerala.
The airmen, on the other hand, continued their winless streak for the fifth match running. They have drawn four and lost one since shocking East Bengal 2-0 more than a month ago. They are still lying in the 10th place with 25 points.
With both the teams missing some key players through injuries and bookings, the match hardly rose to any height.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000