Olympian Costantina to be event ambassador of Half Marathon
New Delhi :Beijing Olympics Marathon champion Costantina Dita will be the event ambassador for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, to be held on November 21 in the
Constantina will meet and interact with the participants, the media as well as the sponsors and partners of the event, besides being an integral part of the Race Day Celebrations, a
release from the organisers said.
Constantina has performed in the marathon at a world class level for nearly a decade with at least 22 major event finishes. She has a marathon personal best 2:21:30 accomplished at the 2004 LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon.
The highlight of her career came at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games marathon where she went on to claim the Olympic gold by 22 seconds.
The 38-year-old marathoner will join a long list of sporting icons and legends who have been brought down by promoters Procam International to India.
In 2008, the Delhi Half Marathon had athletics legend Jackie Joyner-Kersee and Sir Richard Hadlee as the Event Ambassadors, while in 2009 Catherine Freeman and Allan Border did the honours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17