Olympian Rai, Banerjee dropped
Kolkata: Following their poor show in Italy,
the Archery Association of India today dropped Rahul Banerjee
and Tarundeep Rai from the Indian squad for the World Cup
Stage III and IV to be held in United States and China.
In a press release, AAI Secretary General Paresh Nath
Mukherjee said the two would, however, get a chance to appear
in the trials for the 17th Asian Archery Championships in
He also said the women`s recurve team, consisting of
Deepika Kumari, Laishram Bombayla Devi, Chekrovolu Swuro and
Jayanta Talukdar who earned India`s Olympic quota places,
would participate in all international tournaments from now
The AAI also picked youngsters Atanu Das and Prativa Bora
for the World Cup Stage III (Ogden, August 1-6) and Stage
IV (Shanghai, September 5-10).
Meanwhile, the Indian squad returned from Turin this
morning and was given a warm welcome at the SAI, Eastern
West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra met the team
members and congratulated them for getting India four Olympic
Athens Olympics participant Rai and Banerjee dished out a
poor show and could not qualify for 2012 London Games.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan