Olympian Rai, Banerjee dropped
Kolkata: Following their poor show in Italy,
the Archery Association of India today dropped Rahul Banerjee
and Tarundeep Rai from the Indian squad for the World Cup
Stage III and IV to be held in United States and China.
In a press release, AAI Secretary General Paresh Nath
Mukherjee said the two would, however, get a chance to appear
in the trials for the 17th Asian Archery Championships in
He also said the women`s recurve team, consisting of
Deepika Kumari, Laishram Bombayla Devi, Chekrovolu Swuro and
Jayanta Talukdar who earned India`s Olympic quota places,
would participate in all international tournaments from now
The AAI also picked youngsters Atanu Das and Prativa Bora
for the World Cup Stage III (Ogden, August 1-6) and Stage
IV (Shanghai, September 5-10).
Meanwhile, the Indian squad returned from Turin this
morning and was given a warm welcome at the SAI, Eastern
West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra met the team
members and congratulated them for getting India four Olympic
Athens Olympics participant Rai and Banerjee dished out a
poor show and could not qualify for 2012 London Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen