Olympic test events go ahead amid London riots
London: Despite three days of rioting and looting in London, Olympic organizers plan to go ahead with a series of events to prepare for the 2012 Games.
A women`s beach volleyball tournament began as scheduled at Horse Guards Parade, with players in bikinis competing on a specially made sand court a short distance from Prime Minister David Cameron`s 10 Downing Street residence.
The competition is a test event for the Olympic tournament that will be played next summer.
Other scheduled test events this week include a marathon swimming competition at Hyde Park on Saturday and a cycling road race that will go through the streets of London on Sunday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources