Omar never assured jobs, stipend to unemployed youths: J&K govt
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Saturday said Chief Minister Omar Abdullah never gave any
assurance to provide government jobs or stipend to unemployed
youths in the state.
"The Chief Minister did not give any assurance to provide
government jobs or stipend or sustenance allowance to
unemployed youths...It is pre-mature to make any commitment in
this behalf at this juncture," Labour and Employment Minister
in-charge Abdul Gani Malik told the Assembly in a written
reply to a question posed by PDP leader Muzaffar Hussain Baig.
Omar had reportedly promised stipend to unemployed youths
till they get jobs during election meetings.
Malik, however, said the financial and administrative
implications of providing sustenance allowance to youth would
need to be examined in depth before making any policy in this
The number of unemployed youth registered with employment
exchanges in the state is 1.18 lakh, he said.
As many as 21,640 posts, both gazetted and non-gazetted,
have been referred to recruitment agencies. These included
7,035 jobs in police department, Malik informed the Assembly.
As many as 11,163 posts have been created in various
departments, which will be filled through normal recruitment
process. There are budgetary provisions available for these
posts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble