One in 3 Chinese men not father of his kids
New Delhi: There has been a dramatic increase in the number paternity tests in China as more suspicious husbands are checking on their wives` fidelity.
A leading Beijing paternity testing center has revealed that up to 30 percent of tested men were not the biological fathers of their children.
The Forensic Science Center of Beijing Genomics Institute said that there had been a 20 percent annual increase of paternity tests since it was founded in 2002, reports China Daily.
"Actually, some couples coming here for the tests are not married in real life. The `husband` that confirmed a biological father of the child is indeed the woman`s lover," said a clinic worker surnamed Wu.
He said the center conducted more than 3,000 paternity tests last year, 20 percent higher than last year.
"It always happens after the husband finds out their wives are having an extramarital affair," Wu said.
"If the husband discovers he is not the biological father, it is divorce or abortion," Wu added.
Beijing Chaoyang Hospital``s paternity test center has also experienced a significant increase in paternity tests.
According to Xiao Bai, in-charge of the center, more than 600 paternity tests were conducted last year.
And it is not just men, there has been a surge in the number of women are also opting for prenatal paternity testing.
"They want to know whose baby they are carrying," Wu said.
Sociology specialist Wang Xing attributed the increase of paternity tests to the loss of the loyalty within marriage.
"With the society more open and diverse, social attitudes and behavior towards sex and family seems to become relaxed and casual," Xing said.
"Nowadays, casual sex or one-night stands are no novelty, marriage and family become vulnerable and people lose confidence in a loyal marriage," Xing added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!