One more MLA resigns from Puducherry Assembly
Puducherry: Ahead of the imminent April 13
Assembly Elections, T Thiagarajan, Parliamentary Secretary to
Puducherry Chief Minister V Vaithilingam, on Saturday resigned as a
nominated legislator in the Puducherry Assembly, the fourth
MLA to quit his post this year.
After submitting his letter of resignation to the
Secretary to the Legislative Assembly, Thiagarajan said the
Vaithilingam-led Congress government did not recognise him and
did not even associate him with any of the government
functions held in his native village of Kuruvinatham.
Asked if he would shift allegiance to any other party he
said, "for the present, I have not taken any decision about my
future course of action".
Thiagarajan is the fourth Puducherry legislator to quit his
post this year. Former chief minister N Rangasamy and the
government whip P Angalane had resigned as MLAs on January 20.
Rangasamy floated his political party All India NR Congress
(AINRC) on February 7. Angalane joined the Rangasamy-led party
the same day he quit his MLA post.
PMK legislator NG Panneerselvam (another nominated
member) also resigned from his membership of the House in the
last week of February and he, too, joined AINRC within hours
of quitting as MLA.
With Thiagarajan`s resignation, the number of nominated
legislators in the Puducherry Assembly has been reduced to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark