One more witness turns hostile in Sankararaman murder case
Puducherry: One more prosecution witness Monday
turned hostile during cross-examination in a local court here in the Sankararaman murder case, in which the two seers Jayendra Saraswati and his junior Vijayendra Saraswati are the
Of the 24 accused, only seven were present in the court
when the hearing resumed today before the Principal District
and Sessions Judge T Ramaswamy.
The absentees included the two seers, who have been charged
under various IPC sections for criminal conspiracy and murder.
During the trial, one of the five witnesses examined and
cross examined turned hostile, contradicting the statement
he had given earlier to police.
The Judge then adjourned the case till tomorrow.
A total of 118 witnesses have so far been examined since
commencement of the trial here, of whom 62 have turned
The Supreme Court had shifted the case here from
Chengalpattu district court on a petition filed by Jayendra
Saraswathi in October 2005.
Sankararaman, Manager in Varadarajaperumal temple in
Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the temple premises on
September 3, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack