One more witness turns hostile in Sankararaman murder case
Puducherry: One more prosecution witness Monday
turned hostile during cross-examination in a local court here in the Sankararaman murder case, in which the two seers Jayendra Saraswati and his junior Vijayendra Saraswati are the
Of the 24 accused, only seven were present in the court
when the hearing resumed today before the Principal District
and Sessions Judge T Ramaswamy.
The absentees included the two seers, who have been charged
under various IPC sections for criminal conspiracy and murder.
During the trial, one of the five witnesses examined and
cross examined turned hostile, contradicting the statement
he had given earlier to police.
The Judge then adjourned the case till tomorrow.
A total of 118 witnesses have so far been examined since
commencement of the trial here, of whom 62 have turned
The Supreme Court had shifted the case here from
Chengalpattu district court on a petition filed by Jayendra
Saraswathi in October 2005.
Sankararaman, Manager in Varadarajaperumal temple in
Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the temple premises on
September 3, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!