One more witness turns hostile in Sankararaman murder case
Puducherry: One more prosecution witness Monday
turned hostile during cross-examination in a local court here in the Sankararaman murder case, in which the two seers Jayendra Saraswati and his junior Vijayendra Saraswati are the
Of the 24 accused, only seven were present in the court
when the hearing resumed today before the Principal District
and Sessions Judge T Ramaswamy.
The absentees included the two seers, who have been charged
under various IPC sections for criminal conspiracy and murder.
During the trial, one of the five witnesses examined and
cross examined turned hostile, contradicting the statement
he had given earlier to police.
The Judge then adjourned the case till tomorrow.
A total of 118 witnesses have so far been examined since
commencement of the trial here, of whom 62 have turned
The Supreme Court had shifted the case here from
Chengalpattu district court on a petition filed by Jayendra
Saraswathi in October 2005.
Sankararaman, Manager in Varadarajaperumal temple in
Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the temple premises on
September 3, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars