One phone & address but 38 different entities!
New Delhi: They have different names but as
many as 38 foreign venture capital investors incorporated in
Mauritius and registered with Indian market regulator SEBI
have the same address, phone and fax numbers.
According to the latest data available with SEBI, 38
Mauritius-based foreign venture capital investors (FVCIs) are
having the same address, phone and fax numbers but their names
Interestingly, 97 per cent of the FVCIs registered with
SEBI are incorporated in Mauritius. Out of the total 135 such
entities, 131 are registered in the island nation.
According to the SEBI list, the address-- IFS Court, 28,
Cybercity, Ebene, Mauritius-- is common to 38 different funds.
The list gives details of the FVCIs registered since 2001.
The phone number -- (230) 467 3000 -- and fax number --
(230) 467 4000 -- are also the same for the 38 FVCIs.
The 38 funds include 2i Capital PCC, Aditi Investment
Holdings, Aquarius Capital (Mauritius) Ltd, Citigroup Venture
Capital International Mauritius, Dynamic India Fund V, Norwest
Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital and Zephyr Peacock India.
Many other Mauritius-based entities too have registered
with a common address. They include 17 funds having the same
address of "Las Cascades Building, Edith Cavell Street, Port
Going by SEBI rules, FVCIs need to obtain firm commitment
from their investors for contribution of an amount of at least
USD one million before the start of operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Death toll in Somalia beach restaurant attack rises to 10
- Food allergies linked to higher asthma risk in kids
- Nepal PM Prachanda expands Cabinet, includes 13 ministers from NC
- Lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes can also cut cancer risk: Experts
- Odisha shocker: No ambulance, staff break bones of woman's dead body to carry it on a sling