One stabbed in city under curfew following attacks
Mangalore: In a fresh outbreak of communal
violence in the midst of curfew, a man belonging to a
particular community was stabbed here on Friday night.
The attackers riding a motorcycle stabbed a vegetable
vendor who was waiting near a condiments store at
Hemapanakatta locality and fled. The injured was hospitalised
and is stated to be out of danger, official sources said.
An abandoned motorcyle has been found by the police who
are verifying whether it was the one used in the attack.
This is the seventh such attack in the last five days.
Police fanned out to various locations in the city by 8 PM
enforced the night curfew imposed in the wake of a series
of communal attacks and forced closure of all shops.
A peace committee meeting chaired by Minister for Ports,
Krishna Palemar, who is also incharge of the Dakshina Kannada
district, decided to authorise the district administration to
decide on whether to withdraw prohibitory orders in the wake
of the demand for such a step by several leaders.
Several students studying in evening colleges faced
difficulty in attending classes as the police insisted on
closure of the institutions.
Authorities decided to impose night curfew for two days
Six persons were injured in many incidents of attacks
during nights over the past one week, police said.
The administration has ordered all shops, business
establishments, bars and restaurants be closed at eight pm
today and tomorrow as a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi