ONGC bids for Venezuela oil block
New Delhi: Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC)
has bid for Venezuela`s Carabobo oil auction along with
Spain`s Repsol YPF SA and Petroliam Nasional Bhd of Malaysia.
Other members of the consortium pieced together by ONGC Videsh - the overseas arm of state-owned firm, include Indian Oil Corp and Oil India Ltd, sources in the know said.
The consortium is believed to have bid for Carabobo Norte
I, one of the three blocks that were on offer, they said.
Bidding for Carobobo round closed yesterday that also saw
a consortium made up of the US energy major Chevron,
Venezuela`s Suelopetrol and Japanese firms Mitsubishi, Jogmec
and Inpex putting a bid.
Royal Dutch Shell Plc too submitted an offer but UK`s BP
Plc did not make a bid. It wasn`t immediately clear if Italy`s
Eni SpA - the other qualified company for the auction -had
The Carabobo bidding is for three areas spread over seven
promising blocks in the heavy and extra-heavy Orinoco oil belt
in eastern Venezuela. Results will be known by February 10.
Each of the three blocks would require an investment of
up to USD 30 billion and each winning bidder would form a
joint venture with state oil producer Petroleos de Venezuela
SA (PdVSA). PdVSA would have a 60 per cent stake, while the
winning companies would have a 40 per cent stake.
Sources said Repsol and Malaysia`s Petronas will hold 25
per cent interest while OVL would hold 10.1 per cent. IOC and
OIL would have 2.45 per cent a piece.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown