ONGC Q3 net jumps 23.4% to Rs 3,053.58 cr
New Delhi: The country`s largest oil and gas
producer, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, today reported a
23.4 per cent jump in net profit to Rs 3,053.58 crore in the
third quarter ended December 31, 2009.
Net profit in October-December quarter at Rs 3,053.58
crore was 23.38 per cent more than Rs 2,474.81 crore in the
same period a year ago, ONGC said in a statement.
The profit surge was mainly because it realised higher
price for oil it produces and paid less fuel subsidy.
Turnover was up 23.6 per cent to Rs 15,506.14 crore in
the third quarter of current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam