ONGC rally from behind to defeat JCT 2-1
Kolhapur: Hosts ONGC kept their hopes of avoiding relegation alive as they defeated JCT 2-1 in the round 22 I-League match on Sunday.
Badmus Babatunde starred for the hosts scoring a brace as ONGC rallied back brilliantly after Ajay Singh gave the visitors their only goal of the match in the 40th minute.
Babatunde first scored in the 54th to restore parity for the hosts and then backed that with the clincher in the injury time (90+3).
Following this win, ONGC now have 18 points from 22 matches and are now above the last placed JCT, who have 17 points from 20 matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it