ONGC to foot Rs 3,497 cr fuel subsidy in Q3
New Delhi: Oil and Natural Gas Corp, India`s
largest oil and gas producer, will bear Rs 3,497 crore fuel
subsidy in the third quarter ended December 31, 2009.
The Petroleum Minister today divided the Rs 4,361 crore
revenue retailers lost on selling petrol and diesel during
October-December between ONGC, gas utility GAIL India and
explorer Oil India Ltd.
"The retailers lost Rs 4,361 crore in October-December
quarter on sale of petrol and diesel," a Petroleum Ministry
Of this, ONGC will pick up Rs 3,497 crore while OIL will
foot Rs 467 crore. GAIL is taking a tab of Rs 397 crore.
ONGC, GAIL and OIL give discounts on crude oil and
petroleum products like LPG they sell to retailers Indian Oil,
Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum to make up for the
losses on auto fuel.
The losses on domestic LPG and kerosene are compensated
by government either by cash or bonds.
IOC, BPCL and HPCL are projected to lose Rs 47,400 crore
on selling petrol, diesel, LPG and kerosene below cost this
fiscal. They may lose about Rs 30,000 crore on cooking fuel,
of which the finance ministry has agreed to give Rs 12,000
crore in cash to the retailers, he said.
The three firms currently lose Rs 5.42 a litre on petrol,
Rs 3.65 per litre on diesel, Rs 17.23 a litre on kerosene and
Rs 299.01 per LPG cylinder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India