ONGC to foot Rs 3,497 cr fuel subsidy in Q3
New Delhi: Oil and Natural Gas Corp, India`s
largest oil and gas producer, will bear Rs 3,497 crore fuel
subsidy in the third quarter ended December 31, 2009.
The Petroleum Minister today divided the Rs 4,361 crore
revenue retailers lost on selling petrol and diesel during
October-December between ONGC, gas utility GAIL India and
explorer Oil India Ltd.
"The retailers lost Rs 4,361 crore in October-December
quarter on sale of petrol and diesel," a Petroleum Ministry
Of this, ONGC will pick up Rs 3,497 crore while OIL will
foot Rs 467 crore. GAIL is taking a tab of Rs 397 crore.
ONGC, GAIL and OIL give discounts on crude oil and
petroleum products like LPG they sell to retailers Indian Oil,
Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum to make up for the
losses on auto fuel.
The losses on domestic LPG and kerosene are compensated
by government either by cash or bonds.
IOC, BPCL and HPCL are projected to lose Rs 47,400 crore
on selling petrol, diesel, LPG and kerosene below cost this
fiscal. They may lose about Rs 30,000 crore on cooking fuel,
of which the finance ministry has agreed to give Rs 12,000
crore in cash to the retailers, he said.
The three firms currently lose Rs 5.42 a litre on petrol,
Rs 3.65 per litre on diesel, Rs 17.23 a litre on kerosene and
Rs 299.01 per LPG cylinder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31