ONGC to lend Rs 5,000 cr to MRPL for part-financing proj
New Delhi: State-run Oil and Natural Gas
Corporation will lend Rs 5,000 crore to its subsidiary
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd for expansion
MRPL is expanding its refining capacity to 15 million
tons a year from present 9.68 million tons per annum at a cost
of Rs 12,160 crore. Besides, it is setting up a 450,000 tons a
year propylene unit at an investment of Rs 1,804 crore. Both
the projects are scheduled for commissioning by March 2012.
"We will lend Rs 5,000 crore to MRPL at 3.85 percentage
points lower than State Bank of India`s prime lending rate,
which presently works out to 7.9 per cent," ONGC Chairman and
Managing Director R S Sharma said.
Propylene can be converted into polypropylene, which is
used in a wide range of industries.
While MRPL will spend another Rs 5,000 crore from
internal accruals, it would raise the balance Rs 4,000 crore
in overseas debt by March 2012, MRPL Director (Finance) L K
MRPL Managing Director U K Bose said MRPL was ready to
produce Euro-IV grade petrol and would begin production of
same grade diesel from April.
The company may import 12.1 million tons of crude oil in
2010-11 fiscal, he said.
Basu said the company was also planning to invest Rs
1,000 crore in setting up a single-point mooring facility near
the Mangalore port. SPM would help MRPL import crude oil in
very large tankers.
ONGC holds 71.62 per cent stake in MRPL while HPCL has
about 14 per cent.
Sharma dismissed reports of HPCL wanting to exit MRPL
saying "they are pure rumours and are totally incorrect."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!