ONGC to pay Rs 3,497 cr fuel subsidy in Q3
New Delhi: Oil and Natural Gas Corp, India`s largest oil and gas producer, will bear Rs 3,497 crore fuel subsidy in the third quarter ended December 31, 2009.
The Petroleum Minister has divided the Rs 4,361 crore revenue retailers lost on selling petrol and diesel during October-December between ONGC, gas utility GAIL India and explorer Oil India Ltd.
"The retailers lost Rs 4,361 crore in October-December quarter on sale of petrol and diesel," a Petroleum Ministry official said.
Of this, ONGC will pick up Rs 3,497 crore, while OIL will foot Rs 467 crore. GAIL is taking a tab of Rs 397 crore.
ONGC, GAIL and OIL give discounts on crude oil and petroleum products like LPG they sell to retailers Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum to make up for the losses on auto fuel.
The losses on domestic LPG and kerosene are compensated by the government either by cash or bonds.
IOC, BPCL and HPCL are projected to lose Rs 47,400 crore on selling petrol, diesel, LPG and kerosene below cost this fiscal. They may lose about Rs 30,000 crore on cooking fuel, of which the finance ministry has agreed to give Rs 12,000 crore in cash to the retailers, he said.
The three firms currently lose Rs 5.42 a litre on petrol, Rs 3.65 per litre on diesel, Rs 17.23 a litre on kerosene and Rs 299.01 per LPG cylinder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday