Opposition walkout in Puducherry Assembly
Puducherry: Oppositon AIADMK, CPI and PMK
members staged a walkout in the Puducherry assembly on Tuesday
protesting against Speaker R Radhakrishnan`s refusal of
permission for a debate on the conditions of the government
run textile mills.
The members demanded a debate on the issue through a
calling attention motion.
The speaker said a case on the issue was pending before
Madras High court.
However, A Anbalagan (AIADMK), R.Viswanathan (CPI) and R K
R Anandaraman (PMK) said the court case covered the workers`
grievances of AFT mill only. The call attention motion was
intended to cover the problems daunting the workers in the
other two government owned mills Sri Bharathi mills and
Swadeshi Cotton mills also and hence debate should be allowed.
Speaker told the members that he had information from the
government that as matter was pending disposal in the court
there could be no debate.
Protesting against this, the AIADMK, CPI and PMK walked
out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?