Orissa crime branch to probe BJD MLA-woman dispute
Bhubaneswar: Realising the limitations of
local police, Orissa government has ordered the crime branch
to probe the dispute between ruling BJD MLA Arabinda Dhali and
a woman who claims to be his daughter.
Twenty-three-year-old Sanjita has been claiming that
she is the daughter of Dhali even as the ruling BJD MLA has
denied her claim.
A woman SP of the crime branch would supervise the
case, the government order said.
Dhali, also a former minister, had meanwhile, refused
to subject himself to DNA tests as suggested by the State
Commission for Women (SCW).
"I have instead filed a defamation case against six
persons including the SCW`s acting chairperson for tarnishing
my public image," Dhali said.
The matter had already landed in the Orissa High Court
with Sanjita seeking direction from the court for conduct of
DNA tests on Dhali and her to prove her claims.
Though Sanjita, a mother of two girls, had lodged a
complaint at the Mahila police station here one month ago, she
moved the court alleging that the police did not probe the
matter as the accused belonged to the ruling party.
Sanjita in her FIR had alleged that she was tortured
at Dhali`s residence. "He (Dhali) even married me off to a
driver when I was a minor (14-yr-old)," she alleged.
Sanjita is now staying at a home for destitute women
along with her daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui