Orissa crime branch to probe BJD MLA-woman dispute
Bhubaneswar: Realising the limitations of
local police, Orissa government has ordered the crime branch
to probe the dispute between ruling BJD MLA Arabinda Dhali and
a woman who claims to be his daughter.
Twenty-three-year-old Sanjita has been claiming that
she is the daughter of Dhali even as the ruling BJD MLA has
denied her claim.
A woman SP of the crime branch would supervise the
case, the government order said.
Dhali, also a former minister, had meanwhile, refused
to subject himself to DNA tests as suggested by the State
Commission for Women (SCW).
"I have instead filed a defamation case against six
persons including the SCW`s acting chairperson for tarnishing
my public image," Dhali said.
The matter had already landed in the Orissa High Court
with Sanjita seeking direction from the court for conduct of
DNA tests on Dhali and her to prove her claims.
Though Sanjita, a mother of two girls, had lodged a
complaint at the Mahila police station here one month ago, she
moved the court alleging that the police did not probe the
matter as the accused belonged to the ruling party.
Sanjita in her FIR had alleged that she was tortured
at Dhali`s residence. "He (Dhali) even married me off to a
driver when I was a minor (14-yr-old)," she alleged.
Sanjita is now staying at a home for destitute women
along with her daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch