Orissa, Nalco sign MoU to set up aluminium park
Bhubaneswar: The Orissa government on Saturday entered into an agreement with alumina producer NALCO for setting up an aluminium park.
The MoU was signed between state-owned Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) and NALCO in the presence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and NALCO`s CMD C R Pradhan.
"We have attracted a huge investment in steel, power, aluminium and other sectors during our second term. Now in the third term, the government focuses on the micro, small, medium and downstream industries," said Industries and Steel and Mines Minister Raghunath Mohanty.
The proposed Park, to be set up in a joint venture on 50:50 ratio, would come up in over 200 acres of land close to Nalco`s smelter plant in Angul with an investment of Rs 75 core.
The pre-feasibility study for the project had already been made, he said.
Being close to Nalco`s smelter plant, transfer of alumina in molten stage was possible which would reduce cost of production, Pradhan said.
Ancillary units identified to be set up in the proposed park are of Caustic Soda (ancillary of alumina), Calcinated Petroleum Coke, Coal Tar Pitch, Aluminium Flouride (ancillary for alluminium), sources said.
This apart, downstream units identified to be set up are of aluminium conductors, aluminium extrusions, aluminium castings, aluminium slugs and circles aluminium powder.
"The initiative will trigger similar downstream and ancillary industrial parks in close vicinity of new mega projects being set up in aluminium, steel and power sectors", the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends