Osama had friction with followers over Qaeda`s strategy: Report
Washington: Slain al Qaeda chief Osama bin
Laden apparently had friction with his followers over the
terror group`s strategy and operational focus and at times
they were not on the same page, US intelligence said, citing
documents seized from his safe house in Abbottabad.
There seems to have been friction between them over
strategy and operational focus, CNN said quoting unidentified
US officials familiar with the latest assessment of the May 2
raid that killed the dreaded terrorist.
The material reflects friction between bin Laden and
his followers. The communications were not "one-way," but
represent a "back and forth" dialogue between bin Laden and
other al Qaeda members and affiliates, a source was quoted as
"Not everyone was on the same page in terms of strategy
and operational focus" within al Qaeda, an official said.
After the May 2 raid on bin Laden`s Abbottabad compound,
US Navy SEALs took intelligence material away in large, loose
bags similar to garbage bags, according to officials.
The material, which is being reviewed, show that the
al Qaeda leader expressed an interest in targeting small
American cities, a US official was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days