Osama raid: Petition filed in Pak court
Lahore: A petition has been filed in a
Pakistani court asking it to direct the government to declare
the US Ambassador "persona non grata" and stop transit
facilities for supplies to American forces in Afghanistan if
Washington does not apologise for the military raid that
killed Osama bin Laden.
The petition, filed by lawyer Javed Iqbal Jaffrey in the
Lahore High Court yesterday, says the government should refer
the matter to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) if
there is no response from the US.
Jaffrey contended that the US is bound to accept the
jurisdiction of the ICJ under a treaty of friendship signed in
He said the "spineless policies" of Pakistani leaders,
including former premier Nawaz Sharif, slain ex-prime minister
Benazir Bhutto and former president Pervez Musharraf, had
"encouraged" the US to carry out the operation in Abbotabad to
kill bin Laden without any fear.
"All the leaders lack courage to stand against the US as
all have been taking dollars from it by handing over innocent
Pakistanis," he claimed.
In the petition, he asked the court to direct the
government to declare the US Ambassador "persona non grata"
and stop transit facilities for supplies to American forces in
Afghanistan if Washington does not apologise for the military
raid that killed bin Laden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'