Osama`s death a watershed moment: UN Secy General
United Nations: UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Monday welcomed the announcement of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden`s death as "a watershed moment" in the global efforts to fight terrorism, Xinhua reported.
Addressing reporters here, Ban said, "The death of Osama bin Laden announced by President Obama last night is a watershed moment in our common global fight against terrorism."
"The crimes of Al Qaeda touched most continents, bringing tragedy and loss of life to thousands of men, women and children."
"The UN condemns in the strongest possible terms terrorism in all its forms regardless of its purpose and wherever it is committed," Ban said.
On Sunday night, US President Barack Obama announced bin Laden had been killed in a US military operation in Pakistan. He was killed in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!