Osama`s kin told Pak security men about his killing: Bashir
Islamabad: The family of Qaeda chief
Osama bin Laden had told Pakistani security men that he had
been killed in the "covert" operation conducted by the US Navy
SEALs, Pakistan Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir said Thursday.
Giving an overview of exactly how Pakistan`s forces
reacted after getting information about the American raid,
Bashir said on entering the complex, they found the family of
bin Laden from whom they came to know "that it was he who had
Bashir said the first information about the
development was received when one of the US helicopters went
down. He said that after it was verified that it was not a
Pakistani chopper, instructions were given to concerned
agencies to rush.
He said it took them around 15 minutes to reach the
spot but by that time the American helicopters had left.
Pakistani Air Force was also ordered to scramble
aircraft. Bashir said two F16 fighters were air-borne.
He said as soon as the operation was over, top US
military official Admiral Mike Mullen called Pakistani army
General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and informed him about the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'