Over 300 people killed by wild animals since 2000
Dehra Dun: Around 300 people have been
killed and over 800 others injured by wild animals in
Uttarkhand since 2000, of them, 35 persons were killed and
over 100 injured last year, as per the state forest department
Among the wild animals, mostly leopards, elephants, and
bears have attacked humans beings.
Over 200 people have been killed by leopards between 2000
and 2009, with 19 being killed last year.
12 people have been killed by elephants and six persons,
including two women, have been killed by bears.
There is a provision of providing compensation of Rs 1
lakh to the dead, while those who have been seriously injured
would be provided a compensation of Rs 50,000 and those with
minor wounds will receive Rs 25,000, forest official RBS Rawat
Most people got killed when they strayed into deep
jungles while collecting wood, he added. -
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley