Over 60 cos await SEBI nod for share sale worth Rs 50K cr
Mumbai: Finding the economy and markets back on the recovery path, more than 60 companies are looking to raise an estimated Rs 50,000 crore through sale of shares and awaiting the regulatory nod for the same.
According to data available with SEBI and various nvestment bankers, more than 60 companies are waiting for the go-ahead signal from the market regulator for their planned sale of shares -- most of them through initial public offers (IPOs) and others through rights issues or sale of shares to their existing shareholders.
Shares worth an estimated Rs 50,000 crore could be sold in these public and rights issues and the amount could even double if the government steps up its divestment process, believe merchant bankers, and a good market response leads to more companies joining the fray.
The past few days, in particular, have seen an intensified rush to file the draft IPO prospectus with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). In the last week of September alone, more than 20 companies sought the regulator`s nod to raise over Rs 20,000 crore.
These IPO-bound companies include Anil Ambani group`s telecom tower firm Reliance Infratel and half a dozen realty companies like Sahara Prime City, Emaar MGF, Lodha Developers, Ambience Ltd, DB Realty and Kumar Urban Development.
Reliance Infratel is seeking to raise about Rs 5,000 crore, while Emaar MGF, Sahara Prime City and Lodha Developers are eyeing more than Rs 3,000 crore each.
Out of the more than 60 companies awaiting regulatory go-ahead for their proposed share sales, about one-fourth are looking to do so through rights issues, while the remaining have proposed to raise funds through IPOs.
Those with rights issue plans include REI Agro Limited, Dewas Metal Sections Limited, Gulf Oil, Uttam Sugar, Swaraj Mazda, City Union Bank, Hinduja Foundries and Sadbhav Engineering.
The IPO-bound companies include Glenmark Generics, JSW Energy, Cantabil Retail, Den Networks, Hathway Cable, Mandhana Industries and DQ Entertainment.
Companies like Shree Ganesh Jewellery, IL&FS Transportation Networks, Gravita India, Rosmerta Technologies, Thangamayil Jewellery, Kabirdass Motor, Ankita Knit Wear, Birla Shloka Edutech, Emmbi Polyarns, Ashoka Buidcon, Goenka Diamond & Jewels, Aqua Logistics, Vascon Engineers, PCI Limited and Midfield Industries have also lined up their IPOs.
Various firms have raised over Rs 1,00,000 crore through sale of shares so far this year -- but most of these fund-raising has been through the QIP route or sale of shares with institutional investors, and less than one-fifth of it has been through IPOs.
However, with the stock market index Sensex doubling from its lows in October last year and coming near 17,000-points level, the companies are warming up to the IPO route of raising funds.
Those companies having raised funds through IPO this year include two public sector companies NHPC and Oil India Ltd and about a dozen private sector firms like Adani Power, Pipavav Shipyard, Mahindra Holidays, Globus Spirits, Edserv Softsystems, Excel Infoways, Raj Oil Mills and Jindal Cotex.
Besides, another private sector entity Indiabulls Power, whose group companies operating in financial services, brokerage, real estate and retail sectors are already listed on the bourses, is looking to raise over Rs 1,700 crore through an IPO, which would open tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day