Owen left out for Dutch friendly
London: Manchester United striker Michael Owen was again left out by England manager Fabio Capello when the Italian named his squad to face the Netherlands in a friendly in Amsterdam on Wednesday.
The 29-year-old Owen moved to the Premier League champions last month after an unproductive spell with Newcastle United and scored in a number of pre-season friendlies.
Owen has 40 goals from 89 appearances for his country but his last appearance for England under Capello came early in his tenure in March 2008.
There were no others surprises in Capello`s squad, although Portsmouth goalkeeper David James was omitted leaving United`s Ben Foster, West Ham United`s Robert Green and Blackburn Rovers` Paul Robinson to battle for the place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'