Owen optimistic about better performance for Man U
London: Manchester United star Michael Owen has said that he wants to prove he is still a top-class striker, despite starting just four games for the club last season.
Owen is entering his third season at United and the last campaign gave him the first title medal of his career.
“I always have high hopes and go into the new season with optimism. The club took the option to extend my contract and that fills you with confidence because it makes you feel part of the team,” a daily quoted Owen, as saying.
“You feel wanted by the manager and, when he told me towards the end of the season that he wanted me to stay, I was delighted. The manager obviously saw something that made him want to keep me and he says I will be involved a lot more this year, so I am hoping that’s the case,” he added.
The 31-year-old further admitted that it wasn’t easy being part of a team that has some top players.
“We have some top players, but I’m relaxed about it and confident of doing well,” Owen said.
“Football is my main passion and everyone knows that,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security