Package for north Maha with an eye on Assembly polls: Raj
Nashik: MNS chief Raj Thackeray has said
that the Rs 6,509 crore special package for north Maharashtra
was announced by the Congress-NCP coalition with an eye on the
coming Assembly elections.
The package has been approved by the state Cabinet
keeping in mind the state Assembly elections, he said at a
meeting of party workers here Friday evening.
Thackeray indicated that MNS will go it alone in the
Assembly polls expected later in the year, and said "the party
will not give tickets to turncoats who flock to us after being
denied tickets by their parent party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez