Paes, Bhupathi, Bopanna in Shanghai Masters quarters
Shanghai: Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhuptahi have advanced to the second round of the Shanghai Masters with their respective partners after getting a first-round bye.
Paes and his new partner Jurgen Melzer of Austria are seeded third. They will take on Brazil`s Thomaz Belluci and Serbia`s Janko Tipsaveric in the quarter-finals.
Bhupathi and his Belarusian partner Max Mirnyi are seeded fifth. They will take on the winners of the first round match between the pairs of Florian Mayer/ Yen-Hsun Lu and Marc Lopez/Tommy Robredo.
US Open finalists Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq- Qureshi have also advanced to the quarterfinals with a 7-6 (7) 6-2 win over Mark Knowles of Bahamas and Philipp Kohlschreiber.
The Indo-Pak pair will take on Dick Norman and Wsley Moodie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash