Paes, Bhupathi, Bopanna in Shanghai Masters quarters
Shanghai: Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhuptahi have advanced to the second round of the Shanghai Masters with their respective partners after getting a first-round bye.
Paes and his new partner Jurgen Melzer of Austria are seeded third. They will take on Brazil`s Thomaz Belluci and Serbia`s Janko Tipsaveric in the quarter-finals.
Bhupathi and his Belarusian partner Max Mirnyi are seeded fifth. They will take on the winners of the first round match between the pairs of Florian Mayer/ Yen-Hsun Lu and Marc Lopez/Tommy Robredo.
US Open finalists Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq- Qureshi have also advanced to the quarterfinals with a 7-6 (7) 6-2 win over Mark Knowles of Bahamas and Philipp Kohlschreiber.
The Indo-Pak pair will take on Dick Norman and Wsley Moodie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information