Paes, Bhupathi, Bopanna in Shanghai Masters quarters
Shanghai: Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhuptahi have advanced to the second round of the Shanghai Masters with their respective partners after getting a first-round bye.
Paes and his new partner Jurgen Melzer of Austria are seeded third. They will take on Brazil`s Thomaz Belluci and Serbia`s Janko Tipsaveric in the quarter-finals.
Bhupathi and his Belarusian partner Max Mirnyi are seeded fifth. They will take on the winners of the first round match between the pairs of Florian Mayer/ Yen-Hsun Lu and Marc Lopez/Tommy Robredo.
US Open finalists Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq- Qureshi have also advanced to the quarterfinals with a 7-6 (7) 6-2 win over Mark Knowles of Bahamas and Philipp Kohlschreiber.
The Indo-Pak pair will take on Dick Norman and Wsley Moodie.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know