Paes-Bhupathi in 2nd round of Rogers Cup
Montreal: Third seeds Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have advanced to the second round of the Rogers Cup, an ATP Masters event, after getting a bye in the opening round.
Also moving to the next round was the Indo-Pak pair of Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi, seeded fifth, as all the eight seeded pairs got byes in their first rounds.
Bopanna and Qureshi may run into top seeded Americans Mike and Bob Bryan in the quarter-finals if both the pairs win their respective second round matches.
There is a possibility that Bopanna-Qureshi can find Paes and Bhuapthi as their semifinal opponents if both the teams go on to win all the matches till that stage.
No Indian is competing in the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore