Paes-Bhupathi in finals of Miami ATP event
Miami (USA): Third seeds Leander Paes and
Mahesh Bhupathi saved a match point en route to a hard-fought
three-set win over Oliver Marach and Janko Tipsarevic to book
a berth in the finals of the Sony Ericsson Open tennis
tournament on Friday.
The third-seeded Indian pair won 6-3, 5-7, 11-9 to set up a
clash with second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor, who
defeated fourth seeded Jurgen Melzer and Philipp Petzschner
6-4, 6-1 in their semifinal match.
Bhupathi and Paes led 6-3 2-0 before Marach and
Tipsarevic turned things around to even the match at one set
"We let our lead slide. It got tight, down match point,
but Leander and I have been in the situation before and
continued to work for each point," Bhupathi conceded.
The Austrian-Serbian combination had a match point at 9-8
in the tie-break but lost the final three points to crash out.
The final is a rematch of the semifinal clash at the
Australian Open, in which Paes and Bhupathi were triumphant in
three grinding sets.
Paes, who won this event last year with Lukas Dlouhy,
said he is taking a relaxed approach to the finals.
"I just want to keep having fun, enjoy myself out there.
We`ve had some good results this year, so if we keep playing
like we have been all year, we should be fine," Paes said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow