Paes-Black out of Wimbledon mixed doubles
London: Leander Paes and Cara Black bowed out of the Wimbledon mixed doubles event after suffering a straight set defeat in the quarter-finals against Daniel Nestor and Yung-Jan Chan here.
The 14th seed Indo-Zimbabwean pair lost 3-6, 2-6 to the eighth seed Canadian-Taipei combination.
Paes` doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi though advanced to the semifinals with Elena Vesnina after defeating Israel`s Jonathan Erlich and Shahar Peer 6-4, 6-1.
Erlich and Peer were no match for the in-form Indo-Russian duo as they sen packing their opponents in exactly an hour.
Bhupathi and Vesnina, who dominated proceedings from the word go, committed no double faults as compared to the four by Erlich and Peer.
Bhupathi and Vesnina served six winners as compared to six by the unseeded Israeli pair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends