Paes-Black out of Wimbledon mixed doubles
London: Leander Paes and Cara Black bowed out of the Wimbledon mixed doubles event after suffering a straight set defeat in the quarter-finals against Daniel Nestor and Yung-Jan Chan here.
The 14th seed Indo-Zimbabwean pair lost 3-6, 2-6 to the eighth seed Canadian-Taipei combination.
Paes` doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi though advanced to the semifinals with Elena Vesnina after defeating Israel`s Jonathan Erlich and Shahar Peer 6-4, 6-1.
Erlich and Peer were no match for the in-form Indo-Russian duo as they sen packing their opponents in exactly an hour.
Bhupathi and Vesnina, who dominated proceedings from the word go, committed no double faults as compared to the four by Erlich and Peer.
Bhupathi and Vesnina served six winners as compared to six by the unseeded Israeli pair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16