Paes-Black out of Wimbledon mixed doubles
London: Leander Paes and Cara Black bowed out of the Wimbledon mixed doubles event after suffering a straight set defeat in the quarter-finals against Daniel Nestor and Yung-Jan Chan here.
The 14th seed Indo-Zimbabwean pair lost 3-6, 2-6 to the eighth seed Canadian-Taipei combination.
Paes` doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi though advanced to the semifinals with Elena Vesnina after defeating Israel`s Jonathan Erlich and Shahar Peer 6-4, 6-1.
Erlich and Peer were no match for the in-form Indo-Russian duo as they sen packing their opponents in exactly an hour.
Bhupathi and Vesnina, who dominated proceedings from the word go, committed no double faults as compared to the four by Erlich and Peer.
Bhupathi and Vesnina served six winners as compared to six by the unseeded Israeli pair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez