Paes-Black out of Wimbledon mixed doubles
London: Leander Paes and Cara Black bowed out of the Wimbledon mixed doubles event after suffering a straight set defeat in the quarter-finals against Daniel Nestor and Yung-Jan Chan here.
The 14th seed Indo-Zimbabwean pair lost 3-6, 2-6 to the eighth seed Canadian-Taipei combination.
Paes` doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi though advanced to the semifinals with Elena Vesnina after defeating Israel`s Jonathan Erlich and Shahar Peer 6-4, 6-1.
Erlich and Peer were no match for the in-form Indo-Russian duo as they sen packing their opponents in exactly an hour.
Bhupathi and Vesnina, who dominated proceedings from the word go, committed no double faults as compared to the four by Erlich and Peer.
Bhupathi and Vesnina served six winners as compared to six by the unseeded Israeli pair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal