Paes-Dlohuy in group A, Bhupathi-Mirnyi in B for London Finals
London : Leander Paes and Lukas Dlouhy have been drawn in group A while Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi are in group B for the season-ending World Tour Finals.
The third seed Paes-Dlouhy pair will open its campaign against sixth seed Pole pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski on Sunday.
American twins Mike and Bob Bryan are the top seeded pair and figure in group A along with Jurgen Melzer and Philip Petzscner.
Bhupathi and his Belarusian partner Mirnyi are seeded third and face fifth seeds Lukasz Kubot of Poland and Austrian Oliver Marach in their opener on Monday.
Canada`s Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia are the second seeded pair while Wesley Moodie of South Africa and Belgium`s Dick Norman are seeded seventh.
Each team play thrice in the preliminary stage and the two top teams in both the groups will advance to the semifinals.
Both Paes and Bhupathi had decided to miss Asian Games to compete in the prestigious tennis event, where only top eight teams and singles players play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead