Paes-Dlouhy in QFs of UNICEF Open
New Delhi: Top seeds Leander Paes and Lukas Dlouhy laboured to the doubles quarterfinals of the UNICEF Open with a hard earned win over Florent Serra and Kristof V Liegen in s`Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands.
The Indo-Czech pair quelled a late challenge from the French-Belgian pair for a 6-1, 6-7(5), 10-6 win in the opening round of the euro 450,000 grass court event.
They will next take on either Colombian pair of Alejandro Falla and Santiago Girlado or Dutch wild card entrants Thiemo De Bakker and Robin Hasse.
Another Indian in the fray is Rohan Bopanna, who has teamed up with Pakistan`s Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi and will play their first round match against Americans Eric Butorac and Rajeev Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India