Paes-Dlouhy out of Cincinnati Masters
Mason: Leander Paes and Czech Lukas Dlouhy yet again stumbled at the second round, crashing out of the Cincinnati Masters following a straight-set defeat against Mardy Fish and Mark Knowles.
Paes-Dlouhy, seeded third, lost 3-6, 2-6 to the unseeded American-Bahamas pair.
This is third time in a row that Paes and Dlouhy have not gone beyond second round on the Tour. Last week they lost at the same stage at Toronto Masters and before that at Wimbledon.
Paes and Dlouhy shared USD 9670 as prize money and earned 90 ranking points each.
Paes’ ouster means Mahesh Bhupathi remains as the lone Indian in fray in the USD 24,30,000 hard court event.
Bhupathi and his Belarusian pair Max Mirnyi are up against Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who had ousted Rohan Bopanna and Aiam-ul-Haq Qureshi, in their second round match.
India’s numero uno singles player Somdev Devvarman had lost in the first round of the singles event.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview