Paes-Dlouhy out of Cincinnati Masters
Mason: Leander Paes and Czech Lukas Dlouhy yet again stumbled at the second round, crashing out of the Cincinnati Masters following a straight-set defeat against Mardy Fish and Mark Knowles.
Paes-Dlouhy, seeded third, lost 3-6, 2-6 to the unseeded American-Bahamas pair.
This is third time in a row that Paes and Dlouhy have not gone beyond second round on the Tour. Last week they lost at the same stage at Toronto Masters and before that at Wimbledon.
Paes and Dlouhy shared USD 9670 as prize money and earned 90 ranking points each.
Paes’ ouster means Mahesh Bhupathi remains as the lone Indian in fray in the USD 24,30,000 hard court event.
Bhupathi and his Belarusian pair Max Mirnyi are up against Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who had ousted Rohan Bopanna and Aiam-ul-Haq Qureshi, in their second round match.
India’s numero uno singles player Somdev Devvarman had lost in the first round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa