Paes-Dlouhy out of Cincinnati Masters
Mason: Leander Paes and Czech Lukas Dlouhy yet again stumbled at the second round, crashing out of the Cincinnati Masters following a straight-set defeat against Mardy Fish and Mark Knowles.
Paes-Dlouhy, seeded third, lost 3-6, 2-6 to the unseeded American-Bahamas pair.
This is third time in a row that Paes and Dlouhy have not gone beyond second round on the Tour. Last week they lost at the same stage at Toronto Masters and before that at Wimbledon.
Paes and Dlouhy shared USD 9670 as prize money and earned 90 ranking points each.
Paes’ ouster means Mahesh Bhupathi remains as the lone Indian in fray in the USD 24,30,000 hard court event.
Bhupathi and his Belarusian pair Max Mirnyi are up against Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who had ousted Rohan Bopanna and Aiam-ul-Haq Qureshi, in their second round match.
India’s numero uno singles player Somdev Devvarman had lost in the first round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him