Paes-Melzer in final of Shanghai Masters
Shanghai: Leander Paes and Jurgen Melzer snapped Mike and Bob Bryan`s 20-match winning streak with a 7-5 6-1 win over the Americans to make it to the summit clash of the Shanghai Masters here on Saturday.
The Bryan brothers were aiming to win their fifth successive tour-level title, following triumphs in Toronto, Cincinnati, the US Open and Beijing.
It is only their second defeat since reaching the Wimbledon quarter-finals in July.
Third seeds Paes and Melzer will fight it out with sixth seed Polish pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who beat compatriot Lukasz Kobot and Austria`s Oliver Marach 7-6(7) 1-6 10-6 in their semifinal.
Paes and Melzer had defeated India`s Rohan Bopanna and Pakistani Aisam-ul-Qureshi 6-7(6) 7-6(6) 10-4 in the quarter-finals.
India`s Mahesh Bhupathi was also in contention along with his Belarussian partner Max Mirnyi but the fifth seeded pair lost 4-6 6-3 6-10 to Kubot and Marach.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video