Paes-Melzer in final of Shanghai Masters
Shanghai: Leander Paes and Jurgen Melzer snapped Mike and Bob Bryan`s 20-match winning streak with a 7-5 6-1 win over the Americans to make it to the summit clash of the Shanghai Masters here on Saturday.
The Bryan brothers were aiming to win their fifth successive tour-level title, following triumphs in Toronto, Cincinnati, the US Open and Beijing.
It is only their second defeat since reaching the Wimbledon quarter-finals in July.
Third seeds Paes and Melzer will fight it out with sixth seed Polish pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who beat compatriot Lukasz Kobot and Austria`s Oliver Marach 7-6(7) 1-6 10-6 in their semifinal.
Paes and Melzer had defeated India`s Rohan Bopanna and Pakistani Aisam-ul-Qureshi 6-7(6) 7-6(6) 10-4 in the quarter-finals.
India`s Mahesh Bhupathi was also in contention along with his Belarussian partner Max Mirnyi but the fifth seeded pair lost 4-6 6-3 6-10 to Kubot and Marach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!