Paes-Melzer in final of Shanghai Masters
Shanghai: Leander Paes and Jurgen Melzer snapped Mike and Bob Bryan`s 20-match winning streak with a 7-5 6-1 win over the Americans to make it to the summit clash of the Shanghai Masters here on Saturday.
The Bryan brothers were aiming to win their fifth successive tour-level title, following triumphs in Toronto, Cincinnati, the US Open and Beijing.
It is only their second defeat since reaching the Wimbledon quarter-finals in July.
Third seeds Paes and Melzer will fight it out with sixth seed Polish pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who beat compatriot Lukasz Kobot and Austria`s Oliver Marach 7-6(7) 1-6 10-6 in their semifinal.
Paes and Melzer had defeated India`s Rohan Bopanna and Pakistani Aisam-ul-Qureshi 6-7(6) 7-6(6) 10-4 in the quarter-finals.
India`s Mahesh Bhupathi was also in contention along with his Belarussian partner Max Mirnyi but the fifth seeded pair lost 4-6 6-3 6-10 to Kubot and Marach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks