Pak Kabbadi body demands inquiry into unauthorised India trip
Lahore: The Pakistan Amateur Kabbadi Federation has demanded an inquiry into the sending of an allegedly unauthorised team to play matches against India without the sanction of the legal Kabbadi bodies of both the countries.
Muhammad Sarwar, the secretary of the PAKF, told PTI that he had also written to the Indian High Commission in Islamabad regarding a visit by an unauthorised team from Lahore to Himachal Pradesh to play Kabbadi matches.
“We want the government to take notice of this illegal activities by some individuals and blacklist them so that they can’t apply for visas to any foreign embassy again by posing as representative teams of Pakistan,” Sarwar said.
The PAKF has reacted after reports emerged in the media that a Pakistan Kabbadi team had applied for visas to visit Himachal Pradesh to play a series of circle style Kabbadi matches in Hamirpur and other parts of India.
“We have neither authorised nor scheduled any such visit to India,” Sarwar added.
He showed a letter sent by the Amateur Kabbadi Federation of India to the Indian High Commissioner in Islamabad in which they had categorically termed the floated series as unauthorised and illegal.
“Our Kabbadi players are presently busy training for the Asian Games in China,” he said.
Pakistan and India Kabbadi matches on either side of the border draw huge crowds and evoke great interest among the people even though the media coverage given to these matches is minimal.
“Kabbadi is a traditional sport in both countries specially in rural areas and the media should give us more support and coverage,” Sarwar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani