Pak parliamentary delegation to attend Shoaib-Sania wedding
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has decided to send a parliamentary delegation to attend the much-hyped cross-border wedding of tennis star Sania Mirza and cricketer Shoaib Malik in Hyderabad, India.
The lawmakers will carry Gilani`s special gift for Sania and Shoaib, who are scheduled to marry on April 15.
"The Prime Minister is not only excited about their marriage but will also send a gift to convey his (good) wishes to the couple," Population Welfare Minister Firdous Ashiq Awan told reporters.
Apart from Awan, Sports Minister Ijaz Jhakrani is also expected to attend the wedding.
"The Prime Minister agreed with me that some other members should also attend the ceremony," said Awan, who recently announced she would gift the couple a family planning kit and asked them to become ambassadors for Pakistan`s programs to curb population growth.”
Awan is also looking forward to hosting a reception with other parliamentarians from Sialkot in honour of Shoaib and Sania.
Awan represents Sialkot, the hometown of Shoaib, in parliament.
"Our preference is Sialkot, but it may be Lahore as insisted by PML-N (lawmaker) Khwaja Muhammad Asif (because of security issues)," she said.
Asif, who has been invited to the wedding by Shoaib`s family, may not be able to attend as he would be travelling to Dubai.
Awan said she enjoyed excellent relations with Shoaib`s family because of their Sialkot connection.
"Shoaib and I are jointly working on a hospital project, and therefore we remain in constant contact," she said.
But it`s not just Awan, who is looking forward to hosting the couple. Many receptions have been lined up for the couple by others as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read