Pakistan envoy for probe into Osama hideout
Washington: Pakistan should probe how al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden hid in a compound in Abbottabad for so long, Islamabad`s envoy here has said.
Claiming ignorance over whether Osama was helped by his government or military to stay hidden, Husain Haqqani told US TV that he did not think speculation was going to solve the problem.
Pakistan`s leaders should get to the bottom of the matter, Haqqani said.
But he urged patience, saying the US shouldn`t rush to judgment about whether to withdraw military aid or to put undue pressure on the Pakistani government.
US commandos killed Osama early May 02 after storming his mansion in Pakistan`s Abbottabad city.
Haqqani maintained that a government elected three years back could not be held accountable of decades old matters.
The remark followed admission by Osama`s wives that the al Qaeda chief and his family moved into Abbottabad five to six years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III