P&G`s Q1 net up 4.71% to Rs 51.48 cr
Mumbai: Healthcare products maker Procter &
Gamble Hygiene & Health Care Ltd on Thursday announced a profit
after tax of Rs 51.48 crore for the first quarter ended
September 30, 2009, up 4.71 per cent over the corresponding
period a year ago.
The company had a net profit of Rs 49.16 crore in the
September quarter last fiscal, Procter & Gamble Hygiene &
Health Care said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
"The first quarter performance is driven by a strong
growth in both our feminine hygiene and healthcare
businesses," said Shantanu Khosla, Managing Director of the
"The growth was possible through our sustained efforts to
delight our customers with superior quality products,
innovative communication campaigns and distribution
strategies," he said.
Total income of the company increased to Rs 230.84 crore
in the quarter under review from Rs 194.94 crore during the
same period previous year, it said.
The company is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing
and distribution of healthcare and feminine hygiene products
Shares of the company closed at Rs 1,471.25, up three per
cent from the previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding