Pandit organisation demands passage of Kashmir Temples Bill
Jammu: The Kashmiri Pandit Sabha on Monday
demanded the passage of the Kashmir Shrines and Temples Bill,
saying it would ensure protection and preservation of the
temples in Kashmir valley.
"We demand that the Kashmir Shrines and Temples Bill
be passed in the assembly after tabling it in the House. The
bill would help in preservation and protection of the temples
and shrines in Kashmir valley by setting up a trust under it,"
KPS president B L Sadhu told reporters here.
Sadhu also hailed the package of 15,000 jobs for
displaced Kashmiri Pandits in Jammu and Kashmir and said, "The
state government should act speedily on it to rebuild
confidence among the community".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors