Pandit organisation demands passage of Kashmir Temples Bill
Jammu: The Kashmiri Pandit Sabha on Monday
demanded the passage of the Kashmir Shrines and Temples Bill,
saying it would ensure protection and preservation of the
temples in Kashmir valley.
"We demand that the Kashmir Shrines and Temples Bill
be passed in the assembly after tabling it in the House. The
bill would help in preservation and protection of the temples
and shrines in Kashmir valley by setting up a trust under it,"
KPS president B L Sadhu told reporters here.
Sadhu also hailed the package of 15,000 jobs for
displaced Kashmiri Pandits in Jammu and Kashmir and said, "The
state government should act speedily on it to rebuild
confidence among the community".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister