Pargat slams IOA, HI for loopholes in WC preparation
New Delhi: Former captain Pargat Singh on Monday
criticised IOA and Hockey India for loopholes in the World Cup
preparations and said the organisers are putting country`s
image at stake with their substandard planning.
"I don`t know who is handling all the activities. The
World Cup should have been a showcase for the country but it
is turning out to be a disaster. I have never seen such a bad
organisation of any tournament in the world," Pargat told
"I don`t know how they are organising but nobody is
willing to take responsibility. It`s question of country`s
prestige and hockey`s image. It is very unfortunate to see
such arrangements for a world event. Even a local club won`t
have organised a tournament in such a manner," Pargat said.
Pargat also said that Indian Olympic Association chief
Suresh Kalmadi should take the responsibility of the bad
"If the IOA says it is handling the World Cup, then I
doubt how will they organise a massive event like Commonwealth
Games. I don`t know what IOA is doing till date after taking
over hockey. Being the head of IOA Suresh Kalmadi should own
up the responsible," added Pargat, who is also the Hockey
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!