Pargat warns Harendra of legal action
New Delhi: Former India hockey captain Pargat Singh threatened to take legal action against Harendra Singh if the ex-national coach continued to make "baseless" match-fixing allegations against him in future.
"I think he has lost his mental balance. I don`t know what sort of frustration was forcing him to make such baseless alegations after so many years," a fuming Pargat told reporters.
"I`m not that kind of a person who will react to such things. I am not that kind of a person who will stoop to such a low level but in future if he (Harendra) or anyone else makes such an allegation again, I will be will forced to take legal action," he warned.
Pargat`s outburst comes a day after certain sections of the media reported that Harendra had accused the hockey stalwart of fixing matches. Harendra subsequently retracted his statement related to fixing matches.
Harendra, who was recently replaced by Michael Nobbs as the coach of the men`s national team, had even said that Pargat was the most indisciplined player he has ever witnessed in Indian hockey.
But Pargat, who is now the chairman of Hockey India disciplinary as well as development committee, hit back, saying Harendra has no right to judge his reputation as a player and an administrator.
"My track record is known to all, I don`t have to advertise it. I always stood by the players and by the system. I have always fought for the right cause," the three-time Olympian said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check