Park extends Manchester United contract
Manchester: Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-sung has signed a new contract that will keep him at Old Trafford until at least the end of the 2012/13 season, the Premier League champions said on Friday.
The 30-year-old South Korean, who has made 177 appearances since joining the club in 2005, has built a reputation as a big game player able to relentlessly break up opposition attacks and send his own team mates on the offensive.
"Ji has been an important player for us for a number of years now," United manager Alex Ferguson said in a statement.
"He has great ability and energy and in recent seasons has added the knack of scoring important goals in big games. He is a popular member of the squad and his experience at domestic and international level is invaluable for the younger players."
The first Asian to compete in a Champions League final in 2009, Park is adored in his home country.
"I have enjoyed every minute of my time at United. I`m delighted to be part of the club during this latest stage in its history -- with another exciting young team being built," the midfielder said.
"I`m looking forward to playing my part in keeping United at the top of the game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars