Parliament logjam to end today?
New Delhi: After two days of stalemate, Parliament is expected to resume its normal business on Thursday in view of an agreement between both government and the opposition on various issues of contention.
Both Houses of the Parliament will hold discussion on black money and price rise amid reports that government may also give in to the opposition’s demand for an adjournment motion on the issue.
The agreement was reached after the Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj had a meeting with Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday.
Left parties, pressing for an adjournment motion on the issue of price rise, appeared to be not happy over the development and they could give their own adjournment motion on the issue.
Official sources said the government was against taking up the issue of black money as an adjournment motion and a decision on the matter will be taken by the Speaker.
However, discussion on price rise is likely to be taken up on Monday under a rule which does not entail voting – a big relief for the government.
BJP yesterday gave a notice to bring an adjournment motion in the Lok Sabha today to discuss the black money issue amid efforts by the government to find a solution to the impasse that has led to Parliament`s proceedings being stalled for the past two days.
The BJP wants the government to disclose names of persons shared by France who have accounts in Switzerland but the government has taken a stance that the names will come out in public domain when court cases are filed against those who had stashed their illegal money abroad.
Official sources said that ways to break the logjam were discussed by Congress leaders including Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal. Congress leaders were also reaching out to the opposition.
Sources said NDA had reached an informal understanding with the Left parties for support on motions on issues of price rise and black money stashed abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!