Party candidate receiving threat calls, says Swamy
Madurai: Janata Party President Subramanian
Swamy on Sunday alleged that the party`s candidate for Madurai
Central for the April 13 state assembly polls has been
receiving threat calls and demanded that police provide
adequate protection to him.
Speaking to reporters in Madurai, he said the candidate
Santharam had complained to him and State unit president VS
Chandralekha about receiving the calls on his cellphone.
"Police should act promptly to trace these calls," he
Chandralekha said Santha Ram had first told his party
colleague and another candidate Sasi about the calls. What was
strange was that incoming numbers were not displayed, but
merely said `answer.`
Santharam said he had told one of the callers he was
contesting on the party high command`s orders and he could do
nothing about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars